Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Twas the Night Before Weigh In

I thought it would be fun to write a parody of the Twas the Night Before Christmas poem.

So, I did.  

My son and I wrote this together and had lots of fun and laughs doing it.  

I hope you all enjoy it too!  


Twas the Night Before Weigh In

Twas the night before weigh in and all through the house
Every creature was exercising, even the mouse!

The Spanx were hung by the chimney with care
In hopes that Oprah soon would be there

The Weight Watchers were stretching beside their beds 
While visions of veggies danced in their heads

And I in my stretch pants, sneakers and shirt 
Had just hit my stride, so hard at work

When under the treadmill there arose such a clatter
I sprang off the platform to see what was the matter!

Away to my husband I flew like a flash
Yanked down the covers and threw up the sash

The motor on the treadmill in the basement below
Gave the stink of smoke to people in tow

When what to my wondering eyes should appear 
But Grandma's apple pie with whip cream to cheer

She was a right welcome sight so cuddly and quick
And she said right away "My sweets will do the trick!"

"I took out the fat and calories too!
Think of it as zero point comfort from me to you"

More rapid than eagles I ran towards the food
To think of not eating them, well that would be rude!

Those pies how they glistened!
Those brownies how yummy!
And I couldn't wait to put them into my tummy

But just as the first bite whizzed past my lips 
I thought of all those points hitting my hips

I thought of all the hard work I had done
The weight that I'd lost
The strength that I'd won

I thought of my goals and my health and my pride
I thought of the guilt that would eat me up inside

And so I took it down a notch 
And truly savored just one
And each sweet bite was more than fun

I didn't have to suffer gluttony or deprivation 
With Weight Watchers I could go for moderation

I didn't need saving or deprivation or fear
I just need support and loving cheer
To enjoy myself and live life well
And know there's more to me than a number on a scale

Twas the night before weigh in
I savored each bite
Happy Weigh In To All!
And To All A 
Good Night!



Merry Christmas Friends!







  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...