Monday, December 26, 2016

Change

There are actually a lot of people I know who are at the stage of contemplation in regards to change.

Today I'm sharing some of my favorite quotes on change.

It's never really easy to make a change but it's how we grow and it's part of life.

Last night I sang a solo at our church's Candlelight Service.

To say that I have stage fright is a gross understatement and yet I love to sing, especially when I'm singing for God and feeling that within my heart.

You know I've heard that fear and love can't coexist but I don't agree because even though last night was utterly terrifying and painful for me there was still love and purpose in it.

The truth is that every time we push ourselves out of our comfort zone we grow a little bit more.

So, I do this on purpose.

I purposely sing knowing that it will be excruciatingly hard for me.

But, I want to express and I want to give back and sing about my love for God and this life.

And, I know someday maybe I won't be so scared and it won't be so hard.

It's the same way with any habit really or any skill we're trying to master.

Even if it's hard and it doesn't come out the way we'd planned we have to keep trying.

We have to keep showing up.

Because by the very act of showing up we're making a statement, to God, to others and to ourselves.

We're standing for who we are in this life and who we hope to become.

Never give up friends.

Even if your notes fall flat, or you're shaking with fear or crying in pain, never give up on your dreams, never give up on yourself or the love you have to give this world.

Often times I think of how I'd feel if I knew I were going to die tomorrow or within the next six months.

How would I live my life differently?

Think about that.  What would you do differently?

What would you do or not do?

I don't want to live my life with regrets.

I don't want my music and my dreams to die with me.

Even if it doesn't sound or look perfect I want to express it here and now while I'm still alive.

Because while I'm alive I want to really live.

Since I love to read I have scads of Word documents filled with quotes.

I hope these inspire you or at least make you think.

Much love,

Carrie


"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change"
Charles Darwin
 
The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.  In every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.  - unknown
 
"Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed"
Lloyd Jones
 
"Every story I create, creates me.  I write to create myself"
Octavia E. Butler
 
"There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.  You surround yourself with people who make you laugh.  Forget the bad, and focus on the good.  Love the people who treat you right, and pray for the ones who don't.  Life's too short to be anything but happy.  Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living".
Jose N. Harris
 
"Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don't".
Steve Maraboli
 
"You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily.  The secret of your success is found in your daily routine"
John C. Maxwell
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...