Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pizza Dip



I recently picked up a cookbook from the library called Dashing Dish based on recipes from the website by Katie Ferrell.

These are healthier recipes.  Though this isn't a WW book and doesn't list points many of her recipes are plan friendly.

This is one I made today called Skinny Layered Pizza Dip.

There are 12 servings and each serving is 1/4 cup.  Each serving is 3 Smart Points.

If you cut out the olives OR the pepperoni it comes to 2 pts per serving.

Her recipe called for regular mozzarella and I used the part skim type.  The points are calculated based on what I used.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9 inch pie pan with olive oil spray.

You simply mix one 8 oz package of fat free cream cheese with 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese, 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 2 Tbs grated Parmesan.




I like using my kitchen shears to cut the chives.  It's so much easier!






Spread this evenly over the bottom of the pie pan.




Spread one cup of pizza sauce over the top.  I used Ragu's Pizza Quick Traditional Style Sauce.  





Next add one cup of part skim mozzarella cheese.  Then sprinkle with 1/4 cup sliced olives, 2 Tbsp turkey pepperoni(cut into fourths), and 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper.  I used yellow to add more color. 




Then bake it for 30 min or until the cheese is melted.  





Truth time~  I LOVED this... too much.  I ended up eating almost a full cup before I hit the panic button.  

My mom loved it too.  But my husband wasn't crazy about it.  He didn't like tasting the cream cheese in this.  

I would make this again if I was taking it to a party to share with others.  

I decided to scoop this up with yummy bell peppers and it was oh so good!  





This would be great to take to your next game day party or any get together.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...