Sunday, October 23, 2016

Mini Carrot Quiches



When I was at Barnes & Noble the other day I found a book called The Spiralizer Recipe Book by Carina Wolff.  

In it was this recipe for these cute little mini carrot quiches.  

I doubled the recipe when I made it as below:

1 cup of shredded carrots

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp salt

2 Tbsp fat free evaporated milk

16 wanton wrappers

2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  place the wanton wrappers into a mini muffin cups and then spray the wrappers with olive oil spray.  
Bake the wrappers on the lowest oven rack for 5 minutes.  Pull out of the oven and let cool.







Mix the egg with the salt and ginger in a bowl whisking until foamy.  
Add this to the shredded carrots and then evenly distribute to the wanton wrappers.  
Bake for 10 minutes and then cool for at least three minutes.  




The good:   These come out to 1 pt a piece in the recipe builder!  Woo hoo!
                   They are so bright, colorful and cute!
                   They're easy to make and use more common ingredients.

The bad:  These were really bland.  I'm obviously a bit picky but it's like you don't know if the author intended this to be sweet or savory because it's neither.  That seems kind of harsh but I will say this, these have a lot of potential.  

I think next time I would try adding caramelized onion, broccoli, zucchini and/or red bell peppers along with garlic powder and maybe cheese(enough for 1 extra pt).  



So to sum it up I would make this again but I will make a lot of necessary changes.  

Happy Cooking!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...