Monday, October 24, 2016

Mind, Body Tune Up

You know, it's a funny thing.

Although I try to be mindful when I eat I'm not always in that place.

But, I had a really great experience the other day.

I had had a few days where I was eating junk and overeating on the healthy stuff.

I felt absolutely awful!

I know what you're thinking...

"How is that good?"

Stay with me here.

After those days of making choices that don't support my highest good here's what happened.

I started getting accustomed to eating more and eating junk and so...

I ate more junk.

Then I started feeling my clothes get tighter.

I started feeling more sluggish.

The worst part is that I started sinking back into self-loathing.

I felt fat and ugly.

I pretty much looked the same but my perception of how I looked was different because I was feeling ashamed.

What an awful feeling.

So the good part is that this was really just my mind and body's affirmation that eating healthfully and eating in normal quantities really is good for me.

I really do feel better when I'm on plan.

I play all the mental games everyone else plays.

I sometimes slip into martyr mode and think of all the junk food I'm just dying to eat but then when I actually do eat that stuff it's such a let down.

I don't get the satisfaction from it that I used to and thank God for that!

So even when I may not be consciously listening to my body those messages are getting through.

If I'm given a choice I would choose this- healthy eating and living.  I would choose to exercise and take care of this body because it's also a gift to my Spirit.

I treasure feeling good in mind, body and Spirit.

Everything just looks brighter, feels more fresh and light, sounds more glorious.  The healthy foods start to smell and taste more and more appealing.

It resets the filter that is my brain to look for reasons to prove I'm right, that this is a great life and I'm healthy and strong and beautiful.

I make the conscious choice to take personal responsibility in this.

And when I do the reward is just outstanding.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...