Monday, October 10, 2016

Cake Batter Protein Shake



Okay, so this is another example of a recipe I initially said I'd never try but did anyway.

Why?

Because in life we have to push ourselves to try new things.

Often we find out we're glad we did as is today's case.

The reason I initially didn't want to even try this recipe is that it has cottage cheese in it.

I will eat cottage cheese cooked in things but the idea of eating it in a protein drink grossed me out big time.

This is another recipe from the Dashing Dish Cookbook by Katie Farrell.

I originally checked this out from the library but I am definitely going to buy this now.

I've really loved every recipe I've tried.



In a blender mix together 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 1/2 cup water, 6 ice cubes, 2 Tbsp Truvia, and 1/4 cup of vanilla protein powder.

I used Jay Robb stevia sweetened protein powder for 1 pt.  The total points for this drink is 6.



I added a few sprinkles on top as she did in the picture.  It ups the "pretty" factor. ;)

What I would change...

I thought this was really sweet, dare I say a little too sweet?

Next time I'm going to cut the Truvia in half which would also lower the points to 4 pts total.

This was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!




Here's to the value of trying something new!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...