Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Spaghetti Squash Frittata



After having made the spaghetti squash lasagna I had some leftover spaghetti squash.

I sat wondering what to do with it and this is what I came up with- a spaghetti squash frittata.

I preheated the oven to broil.

Then I put a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and sprayed it with olive oil spray.

I added the 1 cup of precooked spaghetti squash and spread it out evenly on the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes or so.  Then I added 1 tsp of dried parsley and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.



Next I added about 1/2-2/3 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 cup of liquid egg whites and 2 scrambled eggs and  let this cook on medium to medium-low for 15 minutes or so until it appeared set.  Then toss in 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese and 1/4 cup fresh basil cut into ribbons(chiffonade).   

        



I put this on broil for 2 minutes initially and then checked it at 1 minute intervals for another 2 minutes until it was lightly browned.

AND I DIDN'T BURN IT ON BROIL!!!  Woo hoo!  There's a first time for everything right?  ;)

Here's how it looked~



I cut this into 6 servings which came out to 2 pts a piece.  

Overall this was not bad for only 2 pts but I'm not sure I'll make it again.  

The slices are very, very thin, it kind of stuck to the pan more than I'd like and overall it's not all that filling.  

Still it was a way to use up leftovers and it's always fun experimenting.  



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...