Thursday, October 13, 2016

Moments That Put You On The Universal Map

Each morning before my son goes to school he likes to get up extra early because he would never think of missing even one precious sunrise.

Missing a sunrise would be soul-crushing for him.

He cherishes every nuance and every color and sits in true appreciation of it.

We usually play before he goes to school but today was a little different.

I had woken up unusually early, at 4:30 am.

Instead of groaning about it I realized it gave me extra cuddle time with my sweet husband.

After we were all awake, and my husband off to work, it was time for our morning constitutional, as we call it.

Today we decided to go outside to watch the sunrise.

We're both enjoying the fall weather right now so we were excited to get outside.

We went outside and danced around on our driveway while the sun gently rose above the horizon.

Then we went on a walk about our yard.

We swung on the swing and slid down the slide.

We played in my son's fort and sang our silly made up songs, the ones only we know.

We finished up the morning with hot tea on the front porch and loads of snuggles.

All in all it was the best part of my day.  It really started my day out right to be sure but nothing else quite measured up to that experience.

I'm so happy I was able to wake open and receptive to the possibility of joy today instead of grouching about the hour on the clock.

I'm so thankful for this moment.

So often we can physically be in close proximity to each other but we're not always really connecting and that's what we all crave I think.

On the days you have that connection you know it's there because you feel it.

It's in those instances that time seems, for one blessed moment, to stand still.

It's like out of all the stars in the vast Universe God's holding up a sign that says "You Are Here" because it puts everything else into perspective.

I call those times moments that put you on the Universal Map.

WW calls them Glow Moments.

But no matter what you call it, it's love and it's the most fantastic feeling in the world.

Here's to waking with an open heart and an open mind because you never know where love may take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...