Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Freekah & Kale Salad



The other day when I was shopping at Hy-Vee I found these little bag artisan salads.




If you're like me you're asking "what is freekah?".  

In short it's a young wheat grain.  You can read about it here.  

This particular salad comes out to 3 pts for a 1/2 cup serving.  

This is relatively inexpensive, easy to make without hard-to-find ingredients.

The only things I had to add were water, olive oil, fresh kale and cherry tomatoes.  

You mix up the dressing.





Add all the goodies after you've cooked the freekah and voila!



This is fresh, light and packed with nutrients.




I'll definitely buy and make this again.  

Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...