Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Blessing

By now you know that I actually do love cooking.

There are some days when I'm just tired or the inspiration just isn't there but most days I love creating in the kitchen.

It's one of my art forms I think.

One of my favorite things to do when I cook is, I feel, a blessing of sorts and I wanted to share that with you today because I think it further helps shift me towards a positive relationship with food and a feeling of gratitude.

As I'm cooking I imagine all the people who've made my food possible.

I picture the land where the food was grown, the farmers, the wholesalers, the grocers, the cashiers.

In my heart I ask God to bless them all.

I know that the money that I spend at the grocery store helps support all of those people and I give thanks for being able to be a part of that.

Then I move into a place of consciously thinking about all of the physical benefits of the food I'm eating.

For example I might think about the antioxidants in artichokes or blueberries, the vitamins and fiber in leafy greens, the healthy omega fatty acids in salmon.

I think about how the food is going to serve and nourish my body and that of my family.

I enjoy looking at the food and how visually appealing it is.

I appreciate the many different brightly colored vegetables and variety of textures and so forth.

While I'm cooking it I give thanks that I have enough to eat.

I bless my food with love before I serve it to my family.

I know that God is at work in the very molecules of the food itself and that it will support our health and our Highest Good.

It feels really good to do this, consciously being in gratitude.

In my heart I truly believe that it promotes, not only improved digestion, but improved health, vitality and prosperity.

I see that every heart and every hand that has made it possible are Blessed so no one is left out.

I give thanks to God for all of it.

And that, my friends, is a Blessing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...