Tuesday, October 4, 2016

White Chicken Enchilada Bake



This is another recipe from the Dashing Dish cookbook by Katie Farrell.  

This yields 8 servings at 7 Smart Points each.  

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.  Since I didn't have one of these I used a spring form pan.  

Also, the tortillas I used were actually 8 inches at 4 points a piece.  I used this to figure the point value.  

Here is the brand I used from Target.  



Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spray the pan with olive oil spray.  

Shred 2 1/2 cups chicken.  I bought a rotisserie chicken so I wouldn't have to spend the extra time cooking this.  

          



Place the chicken in a large bowl along with 1 cup canned petite-diced tomatoes, drained, 4 oz of chopped green chilies, 1 tsp taco seasoning(I used 2-3 tsp), 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 cup white corn, 1 cup rinsed and drained white beans.  



Next cut 6 of the tortillas into fourths.  Place two layers of tortilla at the bottom of the pan.


Spread half of the chicken mixture over the tortilla.  Cover with two more tortillas, then the remaining mix and end with tortillas.   Top with one cup of part skim mozzarella.

    

  

Bake for 30 min or until melted.  



The verdict?  I'd give this a 6-7/10.  I thought the taste was good but the portions were rather small for 7 pts per serving.  

What would I change?  I really didn't need the tortillas personally and it would cut loads of points if they were left out.  

Next time I will leave out the tortillas, add more taco spice, perhaps some of my On the Border salsa(I like it spicy!) and I would use the regular mozzarella cheese with the points saved omitting the tortillas.  

It was still really good and worth trying.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...