Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Make Your Own Turkey Italian Sausage!

I started to make a recipe I've been thinking of making for a long time today however I didn't have one of the main ingredients, chicken Italian sausage.

I know what you're thinking- "if you've been thinking about it so long why didn't you have the ingredients you need on hand?"

Sometimes I'm just not that organized, sometimes I forget things(gasp!) and sometimes I'm just too tired to mess with it.

Also, in this area it's really not so easy to find ground chicken let alone chicken Italian sausage.

Then I found this recipe on making your own Italian sausage and it uses ground turkey which I do have on hand.


 



The only hitch was that I didn't have fennel seed on hand either.

For a moment I thought about running up to the store but I've already been to the store once today and, well, there's the lazy factor again.

So I skipped the fennel in this and it still tasted great!

I'm not a huge fennel seed fan anyway.

I love the fennel bulb roasted but I don't like an overpowering fennel seed flavor in my food.

So there- no fennel, no ground chicken or chicken Italian sausage but I found a new recipe and work around that I'll use again and again.

Tomorrow you'll see what I'm doing with this meat.



Until then, here's to thinking outside the recipe!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...