Monday, October 17, 2016

Super Yummy and Extra Cute Pumpkin Parfaits!



I've been trying to find unique ways to use the pumpkin butter I made when I was making my skinnytaste pumpkin spice latte.

If you missed that one check out my "The Pumpkin Spice Latte Showdown!!!" post.

So I had made homemade pumpkin butter and was trying to decide what to do with it other than stand there and eat it out of the jar... which I could totally do because it's really good!

As I surfed the internet I found this recipe for Pumpkin Vanilla Yogurt Parfaits With Pumpkin Pecan Granola.

This was sooo good!

And I found those cute little parfait glasses at the antique store to put them in and I was really excited to use those!

I bought the Dannon Light & Fit 80 calorie vanilla Greek yogurt to layer these with.  This is 2 pts per container.

I made the skinnytaste pumpkin butter for another layer.  This is 3 pts per 2 Tablespoons.

Finally I made the not-so-low-point pumpkin granola.   This is 4 pts per 2 Tablespoons but it's crazy good!!!



Using the skinnytaste pumpkin butter in lieu of the store bought lowers the bad-for-you factor.

In addition I also used the a little less than 1/4 cup of Truvia Nectar instead of the 1/3 cup of regular honey.

The grand total is 9 pts per parfait which isn't too bad for a seasonal splurge.

If you've already made your pumpkin butter so you could enjoy all those pumpkin spice lattes then you already have much of the work done.

The granola is really easy to make.

This is definitely a keeper!

It's delicious and cute and yummy!!!

And, it's a really fun thing to serve other people.

I made one for my mom and my son shared with both of us.



Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...