Saturday, October 8, 2016

Vegan Oil-Free Zucchini & Carrot Fritters



My vegan friend, Mary, sent me a link to this recipe for Vegan Oil-Free Zucchini & Carrot Fritters.

These come out to 2 Smart Points each for a serving of 12.

Here is a peek at the some of the pre-baked mix~



This is definitely messy but it's always fun to get a little messy in the kitchen.  

My son took this picture of my hands after making patties.  Yes, I'm totally giggling while I'm making these.  


Before baking~



And after~



A very important note here:  There is a major typo on the webpage.  In the instructions it says to add two TABLESPOONS of salt to the uncooked zucchini and carrots and let them sit.  
If you'll look in the ingredient list it says two TEASPOONS.  Fortunately I double checked this before I added any salt as I thought 2 Tbps sounded like a lot even for a salt lover like me.  

What I changed:  I don't have fresh sage on hand and I'm not a huge sage fan so I used fresh basil and parsley instead.  

Also, I totally forgot to add the lemon juice!  Geesh!  You'd think I were human or something ;)

What would I change next time?  I think next time I'll cut out a lot of the flour.  I just don't think they need it and it would cut points as well.  

I also think I'll add garlic powder and maybe some nutritional yeast.  

Overall this was really yummy and healthy!  Win-win!

My husband and I both thought the flavor was great and they looked so pretty!  

You know I love it when my food looks pretty!




 Happy Cooking!







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips, Carrie! I might make these soon. Hard to believe you don't even have to use oil to make them crisp up. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! No oil means lower in points and calories too. They're really lovely, a nice Fall comfort food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and THANK YOU for sharing the recipe with me!

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...