Friday, October 28, 2016

A Mark-Made Meal



Tonight I worked.  I went by the grocery store on the way home to make sure I had some low point foods around to keep me on plan. 

However, when I got home I realized my sweet husband, Mark, had already started making salmon.  

He then proceeded to make himself a salad.  

Cue the whine...

"Geez I want salad too"  I said.

We both laughed because for some unknown reason I really hate making salads and my husband knows this.

He eats salad nearly nightly whereas I don't eat them as I often as I probably should.

And so he doesn't just assume I'll want one.  

Don't ask me why I hate making salads.  

It makes no sense really.  

I'll spend hours sometimes building creative cuisine but to make a salad?  

No thanks.  I just don't enjoy making them.  

Everybody has their thing they don't like doing right?  

I also loathe ironing but that's another story for another day.  

So I pulled out the leftover finely shredded carrots I'd used when I made those mini carrot quiches.  

Mark started putting the salad together- romaine, purple cabbage, red and yellow bell pepper and a little bit of broccoli.  

I mentioned that I might post this meal and he says "So are you gonna tell them I made it?(wink wink)".

"Yes"  I said.  "I'll tell them you helped me with this".  

"You mean I made the whole thing!  All you did was pull out the plate" he laughs.  

"Okay, yes" I giggled.  

"I'll tell them you made it and that I'm really thankful too" I said.  

So tonight I had salmon steak purchased at SAM's for 6 pts.  
Mark sprinkles on KC Masterpiece BBQ seasoning and bakes this on a foil lined baking sheet at 425 degrees for 17 minutes.  



To my salad I added Bolthouse Farms Creamy Caesar salad dressing.
2 Tbsp is 2 pts.  Not bad and it tastes really good!






Here's the end result.  Rather stunning I'd say, kind of like the man making it all. ;)


The lovely flat leaf parsley and basil are home grown too! They're the first thing I've ever really planted and they actually grew!  Thank you God!


That's an 8 pt meal and a whole lot of food!  And I still have 10 pts left for the evening!!!
This way if I want to snack I won't have to feel guilty.  


So here's to being thankful for all the very special people in our lives and to my wonderful husband for this very special, plan friendly meal.  

Everything tastes better when it's prepared with love.  

Happy Cooking!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...