Friday, October 7, 2016

Brownie For One



I have been craving brownies like crazy lately.

Nearly every day I've been calling our little local coffee shop and bakery and asking if they had any brownies.

They've had all sorts of other good things but not brownies.

It may be that I'm now becoming known as "that lady that always calls asking for brownies".  :)

Of course I know better than to just make a whole batch at home because I'll overeat them.

Fortunately I found this recipe for Brownie for One in Minutes in the Dashing Dish cookbook by Katie Farrell.

This comes out to 8 Smart Points in the recipe builder.  I added 1 tsp of mini chocolate chips which added 1 pt for a total of 9 pts.  If you add 1/4 cup Halo Top vanilla ice cream it adds another 1 pt....which was totally worth it for me.

A word about the oats used in this recipe- she says to grind them to make an oat flour.  I had oat flour on hand and used that.  I used 5 1/2 Tbsp of oat flour.  I couldn't find an exact conversion on this so I guesstimated it.

Spray a microwave safe mug with olive oil.

Mix together 6 Tbsp oats(pre-ground, less if already ground), 3 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk, 1 1/2 Tbps unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 1/2 Tbsp sweetener that measures like sugar(I used Truvia), 1/2 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt.



Place this in the prepared mug and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.



It's kind of fun to watch this thing puff up over the mug.  Then it deflates before you pull it out.



This is on the high side point wise but it was worth it for me today.


   IT WAS REALLY GOOD!!!!

                                                       
                                 
           





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...