Thursday, October 20, 2016

Broccoli & Sausage Sausage Parsnip Spiralized Pasta


Remember the recipe from yesterday for turkey Italian sausage?

This is what I used it for.  

I love parsnips and when I saw this recipe on skinnytaste I knew I had to try it.  

This did not disappoint and it wasn't too difficult.

What I changed ~
Obviously I didn't use the chicken Italian sausage as I mentioned before.  I used seasoned ground turkey.  See yesterday's post for that recipe.  
I also didn't have broccoli rabe so I used regular broccoli.  






Spiralizing parsnips
This is what's left over after spiralizing


  Spiralizing parsnips is a little bit tricky.  Unless they're very large it seems you're left half spiralized bits and half cores.

Also be aware that you probably won't be able to spiralize these with the small handheld models.

I bought an OXO tabletop spiralizer and thus far am very happy with the purchase.

I'm not going to waste any of it so I diced it up.  I used way more chicken broth than the recipe called for because I cooked these bits for 10 minutes or so before I ever added the spiralized parsnips and broccoli.



The broccoli was a little more well done than I usually like and that's all on me for getting a bit distracted while cooking but it was still very good.

For me if it's anything darker than bright Kelly green then it's overdone.

If it's olive green the nutrients have basically been cooked out and the flavor is really sub-par.


This is 7 Smart Points for a pretty generous serving.

The recipe is quick and easy to make.

It's unique and visually appealing.

My mom's comment was "Oooo, it's so light and delicious!"

My husband liked it too.

So all in all this is definitely something I'll make again.




To recap:  Quick, easy, pretty, yummy and not too point heavy.

That's a win!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...