Friday, September 2, 2016

Zpaghetti & Turkey Meatballs

Since I bought a new spiralizer I've been doing more experimenting.

I love zoodles(spiralized zucchini "noodles").  They're a 0 pt food, they look pretty, they're versatile and they cook quickly.

Tonight I spiralized an onion and cooked it on the stove top with chicken broth until it was well done(15+ min).

I added 2-3 cloves of minced garlic and cooked this for another 2-3 minutes.

Then I added the Zoodles.  I spiralized 3 small to medium zucchini.

Next, I warmed turkey meatballs I purchased at SAM's, 5 meatballs for 4 pts.

I put it with a no sugar marinara and ladled it over the zoodles.

I added 1 Tbsp shredded parmesan(1 pt) and garnished it with some of my very own garden fresh basil.

That makes a 5 pt meal.





 If you add a reduced calorie crescent roll its another 3 pts for a total of 8 pts for dinner.  






It feels so good to eat something you love that's low in points and good for you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...