Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Pepperoni Pasta with Garlic Toast



I've been on a kick lately.  

So intense has my craving been for garlic toast been lately that I've been eating it nearly every night.  

It's a really low point, guilt free treat for me.  

For the toast I use the Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread.  One slice is 1 pt.  

I spray the bread on both sides with olive oil spray and then add a sprinkle of garlic salt and 1 tsp of nutritional yeast to each side.  



I then toast this in a skillet.  



The nutritional yeast is 0 pts for the 2 tsp and it tastes like Parmesan cheese.  I also use this on my popcorn.  It adds a salty flavor too so you may want to decrease the amount of salt you would otherwise use.  

That's a 1 pt garlic toast.

For the pasta I cook up 2 oz(dry) Barilla plus elbows(6 pts) according to package directions.  

Then I added 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese(1 pt) and 5 slices turkey pepperoni(14 slices or less= 1 pt) cut into smaller triangles.  

That's 9 pts for the pasta + 1 pt for the garlic bread for a 10 pt meal.  

This is the way I eat it however for those of you who want sauce I would add a no sugar added marinara over the top and adjust the points accordingly.  

Compared to typical restaurant style meals this is a much lower point option.  

If I weren't feeling a little tired and lazy tonight I would cook up some zero point veggies to go with it.  

There are a lot of options.  

Experiment and have fun with it.  

Just remember you can have your pasta and eat it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...