Thursday, September 29, 2016

Brunch




I used to hate breakfast and everything about it.

I hated eating in the morning.

I hated the types of food that were considered breakfast food.

Since I started WW I made the conscious shift to eating breakfast in an effort to speed up my metabolism by eating several times a day and to help keep me from getting too hungry and overeating at lunch or dinner.

And, it has really paid off.

Now that I've made the switch I don't mind it so much anymore.

In fact, I have found myself making breakfast food for lunch, dinner or even a late night snack.

The following egg white omelette is my any-time-of-day meal.

First I add 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites(1 pt) to a small 6 inch skillet.

To this I add a small dash of garlic salt, 1 tsp of dried chopped chives and 1 tsp of Hormel Real Bacon Bits(0 pt).




Of course what's an omellette without cheese?

So, I add 1 Tbsp of feta(1 pt).  This is one of my absolute favorite cheeses!

I cook this slowly on medium until it's set enough to flip.




And there you have it, a 2 pt meal.  

I will never forget the reaction I got when I told my WW coach that I often eat this late in the evening when I want to snack.

She said "Oh my gosh Carrie!  That's what you've been eating?!  No wonder you feel so good!  No wonder you're losing weight so quickly!  You're eating all that lean protein and it's just going to speed up your metabolism."

Needless to say that was very validating for me.  

If I'm being honest I will say it doesn't look like this every night.  

Some nights I'm a bit ornery but I do eat this often in the evening and I really love it.

I may even have a piece of my 1 pt garlic toast with it and boy does that make me happy!

At any rate you can't go wrong with a 2-3 pt meal.  

Guilt-free tastes so good.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...