Thursday, September 22, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake

Since I didn't sleep well last night I was a little draggy today.

So I decided it was coffee o'clock.

I was craving chocolate peanut butter and decided to make a flavored protein shake.

This is what I did:

I got out my blender and added 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk(1 pt per cup).

To this I added Jay Robb Chocolate Whey Protein Powder(1 pt per scoop).



I like this particular product because it's flavored with stevia which is my favorite sugar substitute. 
I purchased this at our local health food store but you can also buy it on Amazon.  

Most often in the afternoon I go caffeine free and if that's the case I will use a coffee extract to get the flavor I'm looking for.  

Here is the one I use:




Today I was going for the extra caffeine so I added 3/4 cup instant coffee.

Next I added 1 Tbsp of chocolate PB2 powder(1 pt per Tbsp).




I also added 7 drops of Sweet Leaf chocolate flavored stevia drops(0 pts) for an added chocolate kick.

To this I added almost a cup of ice and then blended it all together. 

This comes out to 3 Smart Points for the whole thing.  

It frothed up so much I really ended up with two huge glasses of it.


Okay, so real world time, here's what I would change-  

Next time I'm going to cut the almond milk in half I think and add a second scoop of protein powder and see how it goes.  It would be the same point wise.  

This seemed just a little too dilute for me.  

It was really good but I think it could be better.  

These protein shakes are really low in points and fun to play with.  

If you used vanilla protein powder you could add any type of extract for extra flavoring you want like coconut, strawberry, almond, even rum flavor!  

I rarely drink alcohol but I do have rum flavoring in my cabinet for cooking with.  

Using extracts can really give you the taste you're looking for without the added points.  

So why not shake it up?! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...