Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

Okay, truth time.

As I get more into doing this blog I get more and more excited about taking pictures of my food.

Funny huh?

It's like letting the cat out of the bag.

I think it's something I really love to do.

I also just plain love getting excited about food.

For so long I thought I just couldn't be excited about food because food was making me fat.

Not true!

It's such a great thing to come to a place where you realize you've developed this new relationship with food and it doesn't have to be like a bad relationship, all about hate.

I love food!

And food loves me!

It's okay if you're laughing.

I'm laughing too.  ;)

So, here's the thing, I have gotten tired of putting up pictures of my food on my old Correlle plates.

Certainly Correlle is the most affordable and practical dishware to have with children in the home but I have gotten tired of looking at and posting the same old plates.

The artist in me is trying to get out I think.

So I decided to buy some new things.

Here's the cool part- I realized that since I was doing this for my blog I didn't really need to invest in entire sets of new plates and so forth.

Instead I've started buying random plates and pieces that I find on sale and that I find really pretty or fun.

Let me just tell you...

I'M HAVING A BLAST!!!!!

It's crazy how much fun I'm having with this(I'm totally giggling here).

I went to Kirkland's today and in their clearance section found the cutest little nut and mint holder.

Just look!



And, I found this serving platter.

Isn't it cute?!!







Guess you can tell by now that I love whites, off-whites and neutrals.  I find them relaxing and love things that are light and bright.

I also found a $3 plate on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond and this one has color!




Woo hoo!!!


What a fun and free feeling!

The truth is that I don't do a lot of entertaining so I don't really need a ton of fancy and breakable dishes.

Mostly it's just family that I have over and they don't care what my plates look like.

In truth if anyone did care about how my dishware looked they probably wouldn't be my friends and I wouldn't be having them over to begin with.

Have you ever thought about just buying one piece instead of the whole enchilada?

Sometimes it's even kind of fun when things don't match.

So here's to a mismatched and artistic life and love of food!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...