Friday, September 23, 2016

Finding Motivation in Maintenance

Since I've become a lifetime member with WW I've noticed this part of myself sliding into bit of apathy.

Some of those sneaky, subversive behaviors have been rearing their ugly head.

Before I made lifetime I had only missed one day of tracking in one year.

Even on my "naughty" days I tracked, even if I went over because this was part of the lesson for me- learning to be honest and own my behaviors instead of hiding from them and blaming people and circumstances outside of myself.

Lately I have become lax in my tracking and portioning, weighing and so forth.

Like my friend and mentor Barb said "You don't want to track because you want to eat".

I knew I was doing it and I was frustrated with myself.

I mean isn't that the worst?

When you know there's no one to blame but yourself and you know what you need to be doing but you just can't seem to jump start yourself into action it's so insanely frustrating.  

I sat back and thought about all of this earlier this week and I did a few things.

First I sat back and analyzed my behaviors without judgement, all the good and all the unhelpful.

Then I prayed and meditated on this.

Next I decided to step out on faith and motivate myself by ordering a pair of slacks for work two sizes smaller than what I've been wearing.

Tuesday was my WW meeting and even then I was still feeling a bit out of sorts.

Those are the times when we feel like maybe we don't want to go to the meeting but friends, hear me on this, THAT IS EXACTLY WHEN YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR MEETING!!!

WW has cultivated a culture of support.  No one is there to judge you, they're there to share in your joys, commiserate with your challenges and encourage you to move forward and make choices that support your Highest Good.

So before I went to my meeting I just got centered and prayed about it and I knew I was just going to bring all my baggage to the meeting and be as honest and real as I could.

I decided I was going to be open to all the support and feedback that I would receive there.

As per my usual I was so glad I went!!!!

To me it feels so freeing to just be honest and real and speak my Truth.

The support and helpful feedback I received was just awesome but wait, it gets better.

Today after I got off work I went to pick up the pants I had ordered.

I was buying these two-sizes-too-small pants to motivate myself into action but when I tried them on in the store...

THEY FIT!!!!

I cannot tell you how utterly shocked and delighted I was.

I started realizing that many of my clothes are actually getting a bit big on me again and now I'm at the point where it's more flattering to wear clothes that actually show my form instead of hiding it.

It's a hard habit to break after years of wearing loose, non-descript items but it's a good thing.

So I left the store and cranked up my music and sang at the top of my lungs and just felt like I was flying.

Don't you love those days?!

It's like an answered prayer and I am utterly overwhelmed with a feeling of gratitude.  

It's validation to keep on keeping on and to keep believing even when you can't see it yet because it WILL happen if you keep the faith and keep taking action to build behaviors and habits that support the changes you want to see.

It's like that old saying, sometimes it's darkest before the dawn.

Friends remember this the next time you feel like giving up or giving in.

You may be just a breath away from victory!

I believe in you and I believe in me and I know we can do this!






2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, Carrie! You face the same issues we all do, and it is so helpful to know how you deal with them in a positive and uplifting way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary! I think that's what really separates lasting from temporary improvement- the willingness to keep changing and adapting, being open to seeing things in new ways. :)

    ReplyDelete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...