Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Mushroom Stroganoff

I had a surplus of mushrooms on hand and before they went bad I needed to do something with them.

The recipe I decided to make is one I had first watched on The Jazzy Vegetarian on PBS.

It's Mushroom Stroganoff.

This serves 4 and is 1 pt for the mushroom sauce alone and then you add pasta and points therein.

Calculating 2 oz of barilla plus pasta per serving brings this dish to 7 pts per serving with the pasta.

If you put this over a spiralized veggie noodle it would be a 1 pt dinner!  Wow!


Here's a peek...



The only thing I changed here is that I did go ahead and add 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.  


Yes.  We're already pulling out fall decorations!

Look at those mushrooms!  Yummm.....

It tasted like a rich mushroom gravy and I love gravy.

It turned out so well in fact that I'd say it's really good enough to eat the sauce all by itself.

Well, maybe that's just me.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...