Saturday, September 10, 2016

Gadgets

Today I thought I'd share with you some small gadgets I love.

One thing I really hate is when my big, strong husband is not home to open those really hard to open jars.

It's great when you have someone around to do this for you but sometimes we don't.

Some of you may not have someone around to open jars or maybe you have painful arthritis in your hands which makes it an even harder task.

Out of frustration I finally broke down and purchased a battery powered jar opener on Amazon.

Before I made the purchase, as per my usual, I spent hours reading the reviews.

I finally settled on the Hamilton Beach automatic jar opener.











Initially this seemed to work well until,...

it didn't.

This does not work well at all for large lids and I have several large lidded items.



Then my sister-in-law showed me the gadget that she used.










It's the JarKey Jar Opener by Brix.

This essentially breaks the seal on the jar so that it's then easy to open.

This works like a charm and it's really cheap!

I also purchased a set of Progressive Jar Grips which are a nice adjunct to have around.







Sometimes you just need to get a good grip on things and these work really well.

The blue one is a bit flimsy but the other two are nice and sturdy.

These were also relatively inexpensive.

So really, that's kind of cool isn't it?  I mean the first product was the most expensive but not the most effective.

Who says you have to spend a ton of money to get a good product?!

Here's to feeling empowered and being able to open our own jars!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...