Friday, September 9, 2016

Conquering Cravings

I just finished reading this article on Oprah's website, previously published on sakara.com.

It's about strategies to conquer food cravings.

Most of these are old news.  You've heard them a million times over the years.

But there was one that was new to me and I really love finding new tools to help me with those pesky cravings.

Here is the quote:

"When you're starting to wean away from unhealthy cravings, hide these indulgences in the middle of your meal at first. If you eat a cookie before your meal, your brain will associate it with the relief of hunger and crave it anytime you're hungry. Conversely, if you eat a cookie at the end of your meal, your brain will expect one every.single.time. Instead, have a few bites in the middle of your meal, to slowly break the association."

I couldn't find who authored this or I would list that as well.  

But isn't that cool?!

It seems to be really true for me too.  

Right after dinner or late evening if I watch a movie is when I really want a dessert.  

I think I'm conditioned to it.  

Working it in to the middle of the meal is a really intriguing idea.  

I think it would take time for me to transition to doing this but it would be interesting to see how well it worked for me.  

I might use this intermittently, maybe reserving it for times when I've had a gain and am trying to get back on track.  

I just had to share this with you.  

I hope this helps all of us!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...