Saturday, September 17, 2016

Great Green Beans

A few nights ago I had a night where I got home late and I didn't have anything ready to eat.

I didn't have a lot of points left and wanted to find something somewhat filling that wasn't too much work since it was so late.

Now, it's not uncommon for me to eat an entire can of green beans.

I love them, have since I was a child.

But I was craving a little something more.

So here's what I ended up doing.

I drained one can of green beans(0 pt) and mixed that with 1/2 cup(1 serving) of the 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup(2 pts) and 1/4 tsp beef bouillon granules(0 pt) and then microwaved it for 1-2 minutes.




Then I added 1 tbsp of Hormel real bacon bits(1 pt) on top.



That comes out to 3 pts per whole batch.


Here's the part I'm kind of embarrassed to share...

I loved it so much I ate not only the whole can worth but I made another batch and ate two whole cans worth of green beans!!!!!!

Yikes!  I don't usually do that but, hey, at least if I'm going to binge doing it on a vegetable isn't going to break my pt bank or my waistline.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not advocating eating this quantity all the time because even if it's a totally free, zero point food it's still calories and it adds up.

Once in a while I think it's okay, especially if you're on a binge.

I was most definitely full after that and while I was slightly embarrassed and ashamed about this I knew it wasn't the most heinous choice I've ever made, especially late at night when I was truly hungry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...