Monday, May 29, 2017

Risotto With Bacon & Shrimp





I've only made risotto a couple of times.

The last time I made it it turned out way too salty.

So, this time I used unsalted broth for cooking.

This time is also different because I used my pressure cooker to make this for the very first time.

If you haven't ever made risotto it can be kind of tricky.

It's not something you can make leisurely and walk away for a while as it cooks.

I think that's why the idea cooking it in a pressure cooker, where I actually could walk away, was a appealing.


Ingredients

2 cups of preferred, unsalted broth(I used chicken broth)

1 cup of risotto

1/4 cup grated Parmesan

4 slices pre-cooked Hormel Black Label bacon

1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms

1/4 cup white wine

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 lb shrimp of preferred size(I used the popcorn sized shrimp today)

1 yellow onion, finely chopped

1 Tbsp of olive oil


Instructions

Heat the oil in the pressure cooker and then add the onion.  Saute until it is cooked through, about 7 minutes.





Add in the mushrooms and garlic powder.  Cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.

Next add in the risotto, again, stirring frequently.  Cook for a couple minutes.



Now add in the wine to deglaze the pan and then add in your broth.

Bring it to a boil and then put the lid on.  Bring the pressure to the first ring(lower level) and set the timer to cook for 7 minutes.

See?  You can have 7 whole minutes to walk away, if you're comfortable cooking with your pressure cooker and it's stabilized at the first ring. ;)

After it finishes cooking use the cold water or quick release method of reducing pressure.

Remove the pan from heat and then add in the cheese and shrimp and stir to combine.



Finally, top with crumbled bacon and serve hot.

This serves 4 and comes out to 9 points per serving.

That's a little higher than this point hoarder is usually willing to spend but it's worth it.

This is definitely comfort food.  Somehow it begs to be eaten with candlelight and soft music with someone special.  Mmmmm.....


 Happy Cooking!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...