Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Red Kuri Squash



I ran into this little cutie when I was at our local health food store.

Being a lover of squash I thought I'd tried most every variety but this little guy had previously eluded me.

So, for this post, nothing fancy.  When I taste a vegetable I've never tasted for the very first time I don't like to make a recipe with it.  



I just want to taste it plain and really get an understanding of it's complexity and flavor.

The great thing here is that this one is organic so I can eat the skin.  

I simply washed it, seeded it and then cut it into bite sized chunks and roasted it on an foil lined baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.



I roasted this for 50 minutes or so on 425 F.  I stop just when a slight char starts to form.



I did eat this with a little salt but that's it.

And the taste?

This reminded me of butternut squash.  

And, you'll be happy to know that like it's wintry brother this little squash is also 0pts.

You know I love trying new things, especially when they're good for you and 0 pts.  

I'll have to think up something beautiful to do with my next one.   



Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...