Monday, May 15, 2017

One-Pot Spaghetti Squash & Meat Sauce




I'm getting more and more brave and even more excited about using my pressure cooker.

Tonight I sat back and thought "I wonder if you could pressure cook a spaghetti squash?".

I decided to Bing recipes for this and found one on skinnytaste that fit the bill.

There were just a few small changes that I made.

For one I didn't have the cheese rind or a bay leaf to add so I left those out.

I also added just a bit more seasoning as I like lots of herbs and spices.

The ingredient list below is the one I used.

Get ready for a quick, delicious, low point meal!


Ingredients

1 lb 93% ground turkey

1 small onion, chopped

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp kosher salt

1 pinch dry mustard

1 pinch smoked paprika

1 pinch of cayenne

pepper to taste

28 oz of canned diced tomatoes

1 large 3-4 lb spaghetti squash


Instructions

First spray the pressure cooked pot with cooking spray.  Brown the meat and then add in the onion and spices cooking 5 more minutes or so.



Add in the tomatoes and mix well.



Wash the outside of the squash.  Pierce it several times with a knife and then set it on top of the sauce in the pressure cooker.



Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.  Use the quick release method after taking off the heat.

When the squash is cool enough to handle cut it in half, seed it and then scrape out the inner squash to plate.


This is what the sauce looked like after cooking.  It smelled heavenly!



Here's yet another thing I loved about this- you don't have to cut the squash before cooking when it's hard.

After pressure cooking this it was so soft it was practically like cutting bread.

I also got the chance to use basil from my little garden :)

Let's talk points~  This serves 6 and is only 2 pts per serving!!!



Happy Cooking!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...