Saturday, May 20, 2017

Convenient Containers



One thing that makes meal prep for work easier are the right containers.

I honestly don't care about what I eat at work because I'm always so busy I don't have time to savor anything.  

I simultaneously eat and chart during my lunch hour.  

Being a creature of habit I usually bring a salad with 3 oz of grilled, pre-cooked Tyson chicken breast(1 pt) and a serving of Olive Garden Light salad dressing(1 pt).  

My favorite container for my work salad I actually found at our local Price Cutter.

It's a Hefty product.




I love this little container that holds the salad dressing so my salad stays crisp and not soggy from sitting in dressing all day.



There are a lot of jar like containers but I'm not a fan of those because I don't like it when things settle to the bottom or getting my hand and wrist yucked up as I reach in.  

I know that sounds whiny but it's true.  You could potentially pour it out onto a plate but with the container I currently use I don't have to do that.  

The plate is just one more thing I'd have to remember and I don't want to deal with anything else so this works well for me.  

I use a super cheap Ziplock container for my 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt(3 pts) with a cup of frozen fruit, vanilla extract and Truvia.  



Recently my husband surprised me with another piece that I really wanted.  

We saw this cute little silverware container at a Function Junction store.

It was pretty pricey really so I didn't buy it.

What I didn't know is my husband sneakily went behind my back and bought it for me anyway.

Who doesn't love to be surprised?!



I just thought it was so cute and so useful and, honestly, I kind of hate using plastic silverware.

We all have our things that bother us and that's one for me.  

I also really don't like using paper napkins.  I much prefer cloth.  It's also eco-friendly if you think about it.  Just wash and re-use.  

I've also found all sorts of new containers that I think would be great to have like this one.  

I like the separate container so you could add in raw veggies or whatever you like without things getting mixed and mushy.  

Whenever we go to KC one of my favorite shops is the Container Store.  

I could spend all day in there!!!!

Organized living definitely makes like easier.  

Happy Packing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...