Sunday, May 21, 2017

Brio Tuscan Grille's Bistecca Insalata



One of my favorite restaurants is Brio Tuscan Grille.  

We don't have one locally but when we're in a city that does have one I love to go.  

One of my favorite things to get there is their Bistecca Insalata.  It's got tomatoes, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.



Needless to say this is just heavenly.  I've often remarked to my husband while eating it that it's almost like eating a steak.  

It's just so rich and delicious.  


I found this simple copycat recipe online that I decided to try today.  I also made just one substitution.

Ingredients

2/3 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup sour cream(I used plain Greek yogurt)

1 large clove of minced garlic

4 oz Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled

Salt and pepper to taste

1 head iceberg lettuce cut into 6 wedges

3 strips of bacon cooked until crisp(I used Hormel pre-cooked Black Label Bacon)

2 tomatoes, preferably Roma, diced


Instructions

For the buttermilk I used this powdered mix and reconstituted it.

My leader, Nancy, turned me onto this.  I don't typically drink buttermilk and it goes bad when I buy it so this is a nice option.


Combine buttermilk, sour cream(or yogurt in my case), garlic, salt, pepper and cheese.



Refrigerate until ready to serve.  



This serves 4 and comes out to 6 points for each generous serving.  

This tasted very good.  

It was, however, a little thin.  The dressing had a watery consistency but this is in part because it's a lighter version.  

The taste was still great though and it helps satisfy that craving I sometimes get for this salad.

Overall I'm calling it a win. :)



Happy Cooking!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...