Monday, May 8, 2017

Broiled Parmesan Tomatoes


I thought this recipe looked summery and fun.

Indeed it was easy and yummier than I even thought it would be.

This would serve as a great appetizer or snack.

I found the recipe here at Wendy Polisi's website.

Ingredients

3 medium tomatoes, halved

Avocado oil spray

3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 tsp sea salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 Tbsp minced garlic

1 tsp fresh oregano(I used 1/4 tsp dried)


Instructions

Preheat the broiler to high.

Line a baking sheet with foil sprayed with cooking spray.



Cut the tomatoes in half and place on the sheet cut side up.  Spray the tops with the avocado spray.



Broil for 10 minutes.



In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients.


I did go ahead and saute my garlic before mixing it with the other ingredients.  I did this in part because I was using the jarred garlic and I think it tastes better if you saute it a little first.  




Sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes and broil for another 3 minutes.





Voila!

That's it!  

As you can see I substituted avocado oil spray instead of measured oil & saved a few points.

I changed the servings on this to feed 3 and it comes out to only 1 pt per serving!

Woo hoo!!!

Happy Cooking!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...