Saturday, May 6, 2017

Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole




Tonight I was feeling a bit stumped on what to fix.

I realized I hadn't even thought about posting a Cinco de Mayo recipe but just remembering made me crave Mexican food.

Perusing my fridge I realized I had a lot of ground turkey to use up.

After viewing several ground turkey recipes I decided on this one.

This is from emilybites and she has posted this as a revision of a recipe she did some time ago.

If you haven't made any of her recipes you're in for a treat!

And if you're someone who doesn't like to cook or worry over fussy ingredients you're really gonna love this!


Ingredients

1 1/4 lb extra lean ground turkey(I used 1 lb)

1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce

1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce

1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 (7.5 oz) can refrigerator biscuits, cut into quarters(I bought a larger size can and made the extra biscuits for my son)

1 cup shredded, low-fat Mexican cheese


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.

Brown the ground turkey.  Add in the enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, bean and stir.




Next add in the biscuits.





Transfer your mix to the casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.

Pull it out and add in the cheese.  Bake an additional 10 minutes.

Let stand 5 minutes before serving.




This yields 6 servings at 7 points per serving.

This recipe is soooo yummy!



And, it was crazy easy!  You just brown the meat, open up a bunch of cans and throw it together.

It doesn't get much easier.

I actually told my husband that this was one of the easiest recipes I've ever made that tasted this good.

If you like Mexican food you definitely need to give this one a try!

Happy Cooking!








2 comments:

  1. This looks really good!! Going to get the stuff to make it tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! And it was really easy! I used mild enchilada sauce this time but might bump it up to medium next time or add in a little chipotle chili powder for extra heat.

      Delete

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...