Thursday, May 25, 2017

Asparagus, Mushroom & Provolone Roll Up


This is one of those I threw together this afternoon.

One of my favorite sandwiches is Einstein Brothers thin bagel with asparagus, mushrooms and egg whites.

Oh, how I love it!!!

It's really not too terribly high in points either.

One of those sandwiches comes out to 8 pts.

However, I was at home craving that sandwich and not wanting to drive across town to get it.

So I made my own version.

This is a serving for one.


Ingredients

1 Tbsp low fat Veganaise(or low fat mayo)(2 pts)

1 tsp adobo sauce

1 small can(6-8 oz) of precooked sliced mushrooms, drained

1 Mama Lupe low carb or Xtreme Wellness tortilla(1 pt each)

asparagus(I cooked up a whole bunch of these and ate some as a side and saved some for later)

salt and pepper to taste

dash of garlic powder

1 slice Ultra thin provolone(1 pt)

1/3 cup liquid egg whites


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 425 F.  Spray a Pyrex dish with cooking spray.

Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody ends.  Place in the Pyrex dish and add in the mushrooms, salt, pepper and garlic powder.





Toss and roast for 15-17 minutes.

In a small bowl or ramekin mix the Veganaise and adobo sauce.  Spread evenly over the tortilla.





In a separate small skillet fry up the egg whites and don't stir.  It will come out like a little pancake.





Add that to your tortilla and then top with asparagus, mushrooms and provolone.







Roll up and enjoy!





This was SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!

This really hit the spot and satisfied my craving.

It also comes out to 4 pts!  

That's like a half price deal!  Woo hoo!!!


Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...