Thursday, May 11, 2017

Breakfast Is Served




I realized the other day that I don't post breakfast foods.

If you ask my family they'd tell you I'm not really a big fan of breakfast although I make sure to eat it every day.

Pre-WW my day used to look like this:

Breakfast:  Starbucks Full Fat Mocha or Macchiato or other -iato ending drink that meant a ton of calories, sugar and fat.

Lunch:  You guessed it!  More Starbucks!  More empty calories, sugar and fat.  I also lived with the mantra "I don't have time to eat lunch at work".  I did sometimes drink protein drinks and you know what?  I was ALWAYS hungry.

Dinner:  By the time I got home at night I was flat out, full out HANGRY(hungry+angry) and ready to eat the house down.

That pretty much meant that every night I'd binge on anything and everything in sight and snack afterward until my head hit the pillow.

I remember as I'd sit down to eat the relief I'd feel at stuffing my face.  It was absolutely my reward after a long, hard day.

I'd tell myself that I deserved it for surviving the day and that I'd earned it by skipping breakfast and lunch.

And, .... that's how I got up to 220 lbs.

I didn't work out and I had awful eating habits and I felt tired, stuck and hopeless.

Now I make sure to eat three meals a day with at least two snacks.

My meals are typically smaller and I just physically feel better eating this way.

On to breakfast-

So, my typical breakfast is shown above but here's what you don't see in that~


I actually like oatmeal.  It's not a hardship for me to eat it.  I usually make 1/3 cup measured dry(2 pts) that I cook on the stove top.  

However, I do dress it up.  I like putting 1 tsp of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend(1 pt) in with 1/2 tsp or almond and/or vanilla extract with 1 tsp chocolate or regular PB2 powder(0 pts).

When they're in season I add in fresh blueberries.  Picking fresh berries is one of my favorite summer traditions.  It just doesn't feel like summer without a trip to the berry patch.  

I go with my son and mother.  We pick a little and eat a little while listening to the birds sing.  

My son orates his every thought and move while all the other adults there giggle at him.  It's a great thing to do together and a little bit of heaven on Earth.  

In addition I have 2 pieces of Hormel Black Label Bacon(1 pt) that I buy at SAM's Club plus a piece of fruit and my 1 pt coffee.  

So that's a 4 point breakfast which isn't bad.  

On days I'm just too tired to even cook oatmeal I pop in a Sandwich Brothers breakfast sandwich for 4 pts.  

I also buy these at SAM's.  

So, there you have it.  I keep it pretty simple at breakfast partly because I hoard my points for after dinner snacking which I love and refuse to give up.  

I am considering doing some breakfast recipes I've seen on the WW site soon.  

If there's is something any of you would be interested in seeing I'd love to hear from you!

Until then remember, don't skip meals!!!  Eating several times a day will rev your metabolism and make it easier to lose weight. 

You'll feel better and be a lot happier.  

That's food for thought.  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...