Monday, May 22, 2017

Parsnip Shrimp Lo Mein




I LOVE parsnips and I also really love Asian foods and flavors so this recipe is one I've been dying to try.

You can find the recipe here at Wellness Mama.

There are just a couple small changes that I made here to get the points down.

Mostly this had to do with reducing the oil because it's so calorically and point dense.

Ingredients

1 lb fresh parsnips, peeled

1 lb pre-cooked shrimp(fresh or frozen)

2 cups cut and washed green beans

2 Tbps toasted sesame oil

1 carrot, chopped

1 onion, thinly sliced

1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp pepper

1 tsp salt

2 Tbsp Bragg Aminos(Or soy sauce or coconut aminos)

2 Tbsp oyster sauce

1 tsp Truvia Nectar

1/2-1 cup chicken broth(as needed to steam veggies)

Olive oil cooking spray as needed


Instructions

Use a small diameter spiralizer blade to spiralize the peeled parsnips.  No worries if you don't own one.  You can use a peeler.


I always use the little center bits that don't spiralize by cutting them up into small chunks.

Spray a skillet with cooking spray.  Add in the onions and carrots and cook for 8 minutes or so on medium high heat or until well cooked.



Add in the green beans, parsnips, garlic powder, oyster sauce, Bragg aminos, Truvia Nectar with the chicken broth to lightly steam the beans.  Cook for 5-10 minutes or until softened.




Finally add in the shrimp and cook for only 2 minutes.




Serve hot and enjoy!






This recipe serves 4.  Made with the ingredients listed above it comes out to 6 pts per serving.  

It will be more if you follow the directions on the website as she uses more oil and honey.

This tasted FANTASTIC!!!

I was oh so happy with this dish.

It was definitely worth the wait and the small bit of effort it took to make it.

I know most people will think I'm blowing smoke here but I don't even miss pasta anymore.

How could I when I can make dishes like this that taste even better?

I hope you'll give this a try.  You'll be happy you did!


Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...