Friday, March 3, 2017

Crab Puffs



I appear to be on a seafood kick.

I've just been craving savory, creamy seafood dishes lately.

I also just found these little 2 pt puff pastry cups that I wanted to use.

They're so cute and as soon as I saw them I immediately thought of a creamy crab stuffed pastry cup.

Mmmmmm.......

So I am using the previous crab stuffed pepper recipe as a guide because it's just sooo much lower in points than pretty much all the other recipes I found.

And that filling tasted so, so good(yes, I'm totally drooling here).

So, here we go, into the kitchen!

Ingredients

Pepperidge Farms puffed pastry cups(2 pts a piece)

8 oz crab or imitation crab cut into small pieces or flaked(5 pts total)

3 Tbsp Veganaise or light mayonnaise(6 pts total)

1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/2 tsp creole seasoning

1 Tbsp grated Parmesan


Instructions

Per the pastry puff package directions preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

I placed the little puffs on a silpat lined baking sheet.  Then bake for 20 minutes.



Right after they get out take a little kitchen spoon with a rounded end and gently push in the rounded center.



In a separate bowl mix together all the other ingredients.  I would not add salt until you taste this.  I found the creole seasoning was very salty.



I heated this in the microwave for 1 minute.  Place 1 Tbsp of topping on each little puff.



Believe me, that's about all they will hold.  They are small.

So, I gave myself 3 pts total for one loaded puff.  

This would be a good appetizer when you have company over.  I would also say I enjoyed the simpler flavor of the other mix on my previous crab stuffed pepper post better.

It may be easier to just use the phyllo tart shells next time as I think they hold more and are actually lower in points.

But, I was craving the puff pastry today and I've learned to let myself have it so I don't eat the house down trying to satisfy that craving.

This is easy, fun and versatile.

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...