Monday, March 13, 2017

Kung Pao Skinny Pasta





I think I've finally found a recipe I really like using this Skinny Pasta.

The only down side is it is higher in points but it's worth it.

Ingredients

14 oz chicken breasts, cut into very thin pieces

2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil

1 yellow onion, diced

1/2 tsp red pepper flakes(less if you don't like it hot!)

1/3 cup of Sherry

3 Tbsp soy sauce

8 oz of broccoli, rinsed and cut into small florets

1 box(2 pouches) of the WW Skinny Pasta noodles

4 garlic cloves smashed, peel removed

1 inch piece of fresh ginger, skin removed, flesh minced


Instructions

Rinse the noodles and then cut them into smaller pieces.  Saute in a skillet for 4-5 minutes and set aside.





Place the skillet over medium high heat for two minutes and then add oil.  Add onion and saute for 5-6 minutes.

Add in the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until it is slightly browned.  Add the ginger and red pepper flakes and cook for another couple minutes.




Add the chicken in and cook stirring frequently until done, around 7 minutes or so.  
Add the Sherry and soy sauce to deglaze the pan and cook another couple minutes.  


Next add in the noodles and the broccoli.  Reduce the heat to medium and cover.  Let the broccoli steam in the pan for 7 minutes or until tender.  



Remove from the heat and enjoy!

I set this to serve two big servings which comes out to 11 pts a piece.  

Yes, indeed, this is the best recipe I've made with these noodles.  

My house smells like heaven.

It's a little higher in points but, man oh man, it's worth it.

So delicious!






Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...