Saturday, March 25, 2017

Spicy Broccoli Spread




I saw this in a Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook at Barnes and Noble in the bargain section.

You can find the recipe here.

It's so easy and straightforward.

I have to admit at first I thought it didn't look too appealing, partly because it was so different, then I remembered I'm open to trying new things.

Now it's a moral imperative.

I knew I just had to try it.

Ingredients

2 cups steamed broccoli florets

1/2 cup chopped onion, cooked well

2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

1 Tbsp olive oil

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Salt

Assorted veggies to use for dipping


Instructions

Blend all of the ingredients in the food processor using 1 Tbsp of water at a time to achieve a smooth consistency.  Add salt as desired.





Place in a bowl and cover.  Let chill in the fridge for 3 hours.



Enjoy dipping with veggie spears such as bell peppers or carrots.

I thought this was really good.  Of course you have to like broccoli but I do now and so this was a win for me.

For the vegans out there- you could omit the cheese and try adding Nutritional Yeast instead.

And if you do I'd be interested in hearing how you liked it.

I used the recipe builder for this and for half it comes to 3 pts.




Happy Snacking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...