Monday, March 27, 2017

Post Vacation Update

Vacation Food-Paella


I got to go to my regular WW meeting Tuesday and weighed in.

I'm most happy to tell you my weight went down from a 6.2 lb gain from Spring Break/birthday celebrations to only a 2.2 lb gain.

Obviously some of this was bodily fluids if you know what I mean.

I only mention this to remind you that if you take a trip when your diet changes you sometimes also experience changes in digestion and often can retain water due to excess salt in more indulgent foods.
So, what have I been doing to get it off?

Simply getting back to what I normally do- eating several smaller meals a day, eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and lean protein and allowing myself some sweet treats too.

We have- scratch that- I have historically had such a tendency to feel such shame after a gain like that that I move into dictator mode.

I would internally scream at myself for bad behavior and then work to whip myself back into a thinner shape by deciding to starve myself or do some serious restrictive eating.

What I know now is that that doesn't serve me.  I won't say it doesn't work but I will say it's not healthy and it does not ultimately serve your you or your metabolism.

Skipping meals or any type of starvation is metabolic suicide.

It slows your metabolism and, thus weight loss, down.

So keep balance in mind when you're working to get back on track.

Don't beat yourself up, love yourself down!

Yes, I'm totally laughing now.

One more quick food idea.

When I was in Dallas my mother-in-law fixed a WW recipe for Shrimp and Chicken Chorizo Paella.

Paella is something I love but have never made.

I thought it was really thoughtful of my mother-in-law to make something plan friendly for me.

Here's a peak at our meal~


She had even figured the points for me which was so sweet.

Until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...