Sunday, March 19, 2017

Gochujang-Honey Glazed Shrimp Over Rice



My son requested rice tonight and as I rummaged through my freezer and found shrimp I thought of this recipe.

This is one I have tried before.

Both my husband and I loved it though it's definitely too spicy for my son.

This recipe comes from skinnytaste.

Some of you are probably wondering what Gochujang is exactly.



In short it's a type of Chile pepper paste you can read about here.

That's where the heat comes in but I also really loved the flavor in this, especially with honey.

I found this at our local Asian market, which by the way, has unbelievably low prices on everything!

I also found the mirin there.



The shrimp I have on hand are very small and wouldn't be amenable to grilling well so I've chosen to stir fry them.

Shrimp cook quickly and that's one less dirty appliance or pan.


Ingredients

1 Tbsp Gochujang

2 tsp honey(3 pts)

2 tsp mirin

2 tsp soy sauce

1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil(1 pt)

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 tsp fresh ginger

1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined

Instructions

Mix everything but the shrimp in a small bowl.  Add in the shrimp and then stir fry until done, around 3-4 minutes.



Shrimp cook quickly so watch them closely.  When they're overcooked they become completely rubbery in consistency.



This recipe serves 4 and comes out to 3 pts per serving.  

I opted to put this atop of Jasmine rice and added in the points for that.

This is one of those times where I think it actually would've been better if I'd stuck with the extra work and just grilled and glazed this.

It was a little watery cooking it in the pan but the flavor was still there.

It was still really delicious.

You know what they say, live and learn...

And I'd add, eat well!



Happy Cooking!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...