Sunday, March 12, 2017

Skinny Pasta Casserole




Here I go again...

I'm still trying out different recipes with WW's Skinny Pasta.

If you didn't read my previous post on this from two days ago I would recommend that you do and read the article I attached.

These "noodles" are basically a fiber supplement.  The caution is that they can be difficult to swallow so make sure you cut it into smaller bites and chew it well.

If you have a medical condition that predisposes you to dysphagia, difficulty swallowing, I would avoid these noodles.

This recipe is easy peasy.

Ingredients

1 (10.5 oz) can of Campbell's 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

1 (10.5 oz) can of Campbell's 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup

6 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced into bite sized pieces

1 box (2 pouches) of WW's Skinny Pasta, Fettuccine style

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp onion powder

8 oz of frozen wax beans with carrots, thawed

1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Olive oil cooking spray


Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Spray a 8 x 8 square casserole dish with olive oil spray.

Rinse the noodles and then place in boiling water for 2 minutes.  Transfer to a skillet and saute for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.  Take off the heat and set aside.









Place both cans of soup, spices, and cheese in a bowl and stir well to mix.  Add chicken and noodles and mix.





Place into the casserole dish and cover with foil.  Bake for 30 minutes.



Serves 2 at 9 points per serving.


The verdict?

The flavor was really good however I still can't seem to get past the texture.
My husband thought this recipe was better than the last, and it was certainly easier, however I liked the last one better.

I think I would next try an Asian type dish with these.  They remind me of rice noodles so maybe the texture wouldn't be as much of an issue for me in an Asian dish.

Again, it's still worth a try.


Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...