Saturday, March 4, 2017

Rethink Your Drink



Just a short post today.

I saw the above sign at my son's dentist office.

The sign says "Rethink Your Drink" and beside each drink are the equivalent amounts of sugar in each drink.

Check out how much is in the Minute Made Apple Juice.  

It's appalling!!!  

I think all of us know how much sugar there is in soda so the Mountain Dew isn't too much of a surprise but check out the Gatorade.  It's is also obviously quite high in sugar.

I'm thankful for my mother raising my brother and I on water.

When I was a kid we'd go to restaurants and when the waiter would ask what we wanted to drink my brother and I would say "Coke" to which my mom would promptly reply "They're having water".

I can honestly say I haven't been a soda drinker in over twenty years and I am so thankful for that.

I'm already kind of point chintzy so there is no way I'd choose to spend my points on a drink.  

So next time you reach for a soda, rethink your drink.  

If you have the points and you've planned for it, by all means go ahead and indulge.

But, if it's an impulse I'd recommend the water.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...