Saturday, March 18, 2017

Day 1 Post Vacation



Today is the first day after getting back from vacation and boy, am I tired.

I think I feel more tired today than I have for the past week and I've gained 6.2 lbs!

Just assessed the damage this morning to stay brave and accountable....

Do you hear the "but" coming?

BUT, I have tracked everything today AND, even though I really did not feel like working out I did it anyway.

I just completed a 20 minute HIIT(high intensity interval training) workout.

And I'm really proud of myself for doing it.

One of the key components in The Beck Diet Solution(cognitive behavioral therapy for weight loss) is to give yourself credit for all the things you do right.

If you focus on the bad stuff you just start to identify yourself with being synonymous with bad behavior.

On the other hand if you consciously, intentionally give yourself credit for the good things you do you will also start to identify with that.

Think about the kind of person you want to be.

What behaviors does that person have?

What are their habits?

How can you model that behavior?

This extrapolates into everything.

So, for example, I want to see myself as someone who is healthy, toned, kind and loving.

This person speaks French fluently as a second language.

She is flexible and has a graceful balance.

I could go on but you get the point.

So then I ask myself what kinds of things I can do NOW that that person probably does.

PRACTICE

I practice my French daily on Duolingo.

I work towards eating healthful foods that nourish my body every day.

I exercise daily.

I pray and meditate to keep myself centered and so forth.

In truth I wish I was fluent in several languages but I also realize that spreading myself too thin never worked in the past.

When I was in undergraduate one of my minors was French but I also took a semester of Biblical Hebrew, German and Russian.

Why?  For fun and because I love learning about other cultures and what they might have to teach me and what we have in common.

But I digress...

Ultimately you start to do the little things every day that the person you want to emulate does and over time you begin to see the transformation.

And you keep the faith or, as a person in my own church said, "You FAITH it till you make it".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...