Thursday, March 30, 2017

Nancy's Caesar Salad



This recipe comes from my supremely awesome leader, Nancy.

You know what?  

I was really excited about making this recipe because, believe it or not, I've never made a homemade Caesar salad.  

Oh, but I do love them!

The first step was going in search of anchovy paste.  That's something I've never even looked for.

I found it at Wal-Mart near the tomato pastes and canned fish(I know, it's obvious).

Here's what it looked like~





One of the great things about this recipe is that it's so easy and there are so few ingredients.

I did cut out just one ingredient and that's the fat free croutons.

They got cut because croutons can't live in my home.  They are a total trigger food for me.

I LOVE croutons!  

Talk to my mom and she'll tell you that I drove her crazy when I was a child, spending almost a whole year refusing to eat anything but croutons.  

I used to embarrass my brother growing up because when we'd go out to eat I'd order the salad bar and just come back with a plate full of croutons.  

Ah, the memories....

Without further ado, here is Nancy's Caesar Salad.  


Ingredients

3/4 tsp anchovy paste

1 tsp Dijon mustard

1 Tbsp lemon juice

2 Tbsp light mayonnaise(I used reduced fat Vegenaise)

Dash Worcestershire sauce

1 clove garlic, minced

8 cups torn Romaine lettuce

2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup fat free croutons

Instructions

Combine anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, light mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and minced garlic in a large bowl.







Add lettuce and toss.  




Sprinkle with cheese and croutons.  

This serves 4 at 2 pts per serving.

This was easy, delicious and making something new was really fun for me!

Thanks for another great recipe Nancy!


Happy Cooking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...