Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Classic Weight Watchers Banana Ice Cream



If my mom is reading this right now she's probably in shock that I'm even trying this.

My entire life I've had a rule about banana:  If it's a plain under ripe banana I'll eat it.  If not, I don't.

I've always hated banana breads and puddings, basically anything banana flavored I can't stand.

But, I have learned to be open minded and to try things that I didn't like previously.

Case in point- broccoli, cauliflower and many other veggies.

If a girl who absolutely HATED broccoli can learn to like it then there's hope for anyone and everyone.

Certainly there's hope I can learn to like banana ice cream.

Why bother?  You might ask.

Because it's ZERO POINTS!  Okay, well, it's classicly listed as such but technically blended fruits do count.

My leader, Nancy, usually says if you don't count it and you're losing weight and happy with where you're at keep doing what you're doing.  However, if you're stuck you might consider going ahead and counting it.  So I leave it up to you.

Me?  I'm not counting it.  I'm kind of stubborn that way.

So, why try to like this dish?  Because I want to learn to like zero or low point foods.  I know it's good for me and I like getting something for nothing. ;)

When I looked on the internet for recipes I found TONS of them but the one I went with was from a website that was new to me called Slice of Slim.

I went with this one because she gave more detailed and real instructions than any of the others I read.

Get ready for this long shopping list...

Ingredients

1 Banana

THAT'S IT.  No other ingredients.

I decided I needed to go old school and be a purist about this.  So, I'm trying just the plain banana first and next time I might change it up a bit.

Instructions




I decided to peel and pre-cut the banana into small chunks before freezing.



After freezing I processed it in the food processor until smooth and creamy.





It really didn't take me ten minutes like the so many others have said it would.  

I did have to repeatedly scrape the sides and break up the ball it formed into before I hit that creamy consistency.

I also want to mention I have an extra, smaller bowl my Kitchenaid processor came with that is inserted in the large bowl to use with smaller tasks such as this one.

I used that.  It think it would be challenging to do this in a large bowl processor.  


So here's the thing- my son and husband said "it still just tastes like a banana".

However, I really liked it.  

It had the smooth and creamy consistency of ice cream and I didn't mind the banana flavor at all.

In fact, I will definitely make this again though next time I will be more adventurous and try new flavor additions, fruits and so forth.

It's definitely something to look forward to.

And really, doesn't zero points just taste better?  




Happy Cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...