Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Lighter Side of Pasta~ Zucchini Lentil Pasta Mexi-Mix



At our last WW meeting someone told us about a new product.

It's Birdseye brand Veggie Made Zucchini Lentil Pasta.

What's the big deal?

It's only 3 pts for a 1 1/4 cup serving!!!!

That's awesome!



I found these at both Wal-Mart and Target in the frozen foods section.  

When I went hunting for this I also found a marinara and a cheddar sauce version of these.  

I didn't buy the one with the cheddar sauce but I did by the one with marinara.  I haven't made it yet but it's only 1 pt higher(4 pts per serving).  

Still very low in points.


The other great thing is that these are steamers.  So you can just put them in your microwave for a few minutes and they're done.

Tonight I decided to use them in a skillet meal.  

Again, this was one of those make-it-up-as-you-go-along kind of things.



Ingredients

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey

1 whole bag plain zucchini lentil pasta(as above), cooked per package directions

1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce

1 (4 oz dry wt) can of mushrooms, drained

1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes

1/2 tsp coriander

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp garlic salt

Taco spice, Chili powder or both(add it to taste)


Instructions

Spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and brown the ground turkey.



Next add in the dry spices and pasta.  



Add in the tomato sauce, tomatoes, mushroom and stir to blend in.  




Stir and enjoy!

This serves 4 and comes out to 6 pts per serving.  

I asked my husband what he thought of the pasta and he said "It's good. (pause)  Hey, did you make the sauce or did you buy that?".  "I made it" I said.  "Wow, it's really good!".

As I've said before, one of the big things I truly in all honesty do not miss anymore is pasta.  

I usually make spaghetti squash or spiralize other vegetables.  

This is definitely something I would make and eat again.  

And, it was so darn easy!

So, for those of you who don't like to cook(and there are many of you and love personally ;) ) this recipe is for you.  

This requires little time, effort and ingredients.  



The tsp of low fat cheddar cheese is extra points!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...