Saturday, June 10, 2017

The Fresh Taste of Summer



Today was a really great day.

I woke up, not by an alarm, but by my own internal clock.

It's the most delicious feeling to wake up when you're ready to and not when your schedule dictates you have to.

After waking well rested I decided to do something spontaneous.

I go up a little after 7:15 am(this is way late for me!) and dressed quickly, grabbed my coffee mug and walked out the door.

I picked my mom up and we went to a local farm where we picked fresh blueberries.

I can't even tell you what kind of heaven that is to be there early when the world is still quiet, dew on the grass, just listening to the birds sing and watch the sun come up all while nibbling and picking fresh berries.

Afterwards we went to the farmers market and here's some of what I picked up~


Ironically I had just found a recipe that called for BRAGG Coconut Aminos.

I had never heard of them but found them at the farmers market so I picked them up.

I can't wait to try them out and will of course let you know how it goes.

The fresh produce looked so beautiful you would've thought it was fake.

It looked like a food designer had been let loose on this set.

Everything was bright and beautiful!

I bought a purple cauliflower, fresh garlic(drool!), red, purple and white fingerling potatoes and fresh zucchini.

And you know it's a great feeling to know it's all low in points, it's all from this Earth and it's all good for you!

What a blessing!

Truth be told I have been in a bit of a funk in the past couple days, thus the lack of posts.

I worked a lot of extra hours last week and I just literally felt so exhausted mentally, emotionally and physically I didn't feel like I had anything left to give.

Although I am not shy I am a true introvert.

I recharge by finding alone time to read, pray and meditate among other things.

When I don't get that time everything starts feeling overwhelming to me.

Things that seemed like small annoyances or mildly upsetting become big.

So I've been fighting feeling depressed over my weight, my lack of trips to the gym and therefore loss of muscle, my free time for me and for my family.

Fortunately my crazy week is over and hopefully things will smooth out a bit.

At least I got today to relax and enjoy myself.

Over the past year I have posted on my blog EVERY SINGLE DAY.

And while it's been really fun for me I'm not sure it's sustainable on a daily basis.

Therefore I've decided to shoot for posting 3 times a week or so, or when inspiration strikes me.

I want to get back to feeling more excited about what I have to share with you rather than have mentally locked myself into a feeling of obligation to post daily.

I started this because I was so excited about WW and food and finding all sorts of good recipes and low point foods.

And I know my content is better when it comes from a place of inspiration and excitement and enthusiasm.

I want to give that to you.

I want to share it with you because the truth is that when you feel that good you just have to share it with friends.

So I'll be focusing on sharing things when I'm really feeling that enthusiasm.

Did you know the word enthusiasm comes from the Greek en theos?

It means "in God" or "of God".

Just more proof God loves us and wants us to be happy :)

I also want to say that if any of you have questions or comments I'd love to hear from you!

It's more fun when it's an interactive sharing of experiences.

I'll leave you to enjoy the rest of your day.

I hope you have time to make it to your own farmers market for beautiful produce and fresh inspiration!

Happy Cooking!

~Carrie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...