Friday, June 16, 2017

Roasted Purple Cauliflower



I picked up this beauty at the local farmer's market.

Sometimes I like to snack while I'm cooking.  

Also, if I'm snacking on a low or no point food it helps me fill up enough not to go crazy when the main course is finished.

Let's face it, you get hungry when you're cooking, looking at and smelling all that delicious food.

And it's way more fun and indulgent to sing and snack and dance while you cook.  

I highly recommend it ;)


So tonight I snacked on roasted cauliflower.  

Preheat the oven to 425 F.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil spray. 

Simply wash the cauliflower and cut it into small florets.

Sprinkle the florets with kosher salt and spray with olive oil spray.

Roast for 30 min on 425 F.


And just look!

It's so, so beautiful and it's 0 points!

I love when that happens!

Don't forget there was little to no actual cooking involved here.  

Tonight I was in that purist mood of wanting to leave the food mostly untouched but many times I spice it up.

Cauliflower is really tasty with taco spice or with cumin, turmeric, cayenne, or garlic.

You can use curry or anything you can dream up.

The sky's the limit!

It's nutritious and delicious!


Happy Snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saying Goodbye

I have been writing my blog for over a year now and at this point I am considering ending things here. If there is an outcry for me to con...